"Peaceful Country House B&B, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain "
How long will it take to reach you from Malaga Airport?From touchdown at Malaga Airport, including claiming your luggage and pLocation Map, Inalnd, Spainicking up your hire car, you can be sitting having a drink on our terrace in less than two hours.
How do we get directions to you?When you confirm your reservation with us, we send you detailed directions that are easy to follow and enable you to be with us in the shortest possible time. If you are using GPS please do not use our postal address as you will only end up at the Alora Post Office!! GPS Coordinates are N 36°53.069’ , W 4°40.655’ . Click on the co-ordinates to get to our Google Map.
Is a car essential?Although we offer airport collection and drop-off, a car is a must-have at our place if you are planning to stay longer than a couple of days. We are in a rural area and like any rural location public transport is hard to come by. We are 15 minutes drive from Alora Train Station and 20 minutes drive from the centre of the village. Commuter train services are available from Alora to Malaga which starts from early morning with the last train leaving Malaga at 22:20. Without a car you also miss out on all the beautiful tourist attractions in this area such as the Lakes, El Torcal, El Chorro, Antequera, Fuente de Piedra (Flamingos Colony), Ronda, Cordoba, etc.
Do you have Internet Access for guests?Wi-Fi Access, Country Hotel near Malaga, Andalucia, SpainWe provide free Wi-Fi access for our guests so you can connect your laptop, tablet or smartphone to our broadband ADSL service.
Please note connection to our Wi-Fi network is covered by "Fair Use" policy and high usage such as Video Streaming, File Backup, Movie Downloads are not permitted. We offer free use of our DVD collections for those wishing to watch movies or free access to Satellite TV for those wishing to watch Television, and therefore remind our guests that our data network is not to be used for video streaming, live TV, on-demand TV, or large data files downloads. Guests exceeding daily download/upload allowances will be blocked from the network.
Are the accommodations comfortable?All bedrooms are ensuite and very spacious with either Double (150cm Wide) or Twin Beds (2 x 90cm Wide). All have Tea making facilities, Nespresso machine, TV, and Private Honesty Bar. Hairdryers & Pool Towels are provided. Each room has its own private terrace with spectacular view. Rooms are air conditioned for the summer and have hot-air heating for the winter months.
Are the accommodations heated in winter?Yes warm-air heating which you control yourself, and the rooms are very well insulated.
Do the accommodations have air-conditioning?Yes each room is air conditioned - controlled by you, and the insulation helps to keep the room cool .
What meals are available?Breakfast is included in the price of your room. A lunch menu is available every day. Evening meal menu will be displayed at breakfast time, so that you can let us know if you wish to dine with us. Prices include Starter, Main Course, and Desert.
I wish to eat out where are the nearest bars and restaurants?We are situated mid way between the villages of Alora and Valle de Abdalajis. There are many excellent restaurants ranging from 15 minutes drive to 1 hour away depending how far you wish to travel and what prices you want to pay.
What local sites are there to visit?In this part of Andalucia we have many well-known sites such as the El Chorro Gorge, Bobastro, Ardales Lakes, and the natural rock formations of El Torcal. We also have several charming villages including Ardales, Casarabonela, Carratraca, and Fuente de Piedra lagoon( large flamingo colony). See our Local Places Link for more information. Check out our page on Places to Visit.
And if I want to travel further a field?Only 35 minutes away is Antequera with the largest number of historical buildings in the province of Malaga, as well as the ancient Dolmens. From Antequera the roads radiate to Granada, Cordoba and Seville. Each can be reached from our Rural Hotel in under 2 hours. Malaga itself is a 35 minute train ride away and is pleasant alternative to driving. Check out our page on Places to Visit.
If I just want to relax, what facilities do you have?We offers a perfect location for just relaxing and taking it easy:
- In the summer and spring there is the magnificent swimming pool with terraces and sun-loungers to accommodate every guest.
- There are also many shaded areas within the large Mediterranean gardens with its pleasant walks, where you can enjoy peace and tranquility.
- There are several Walks of varying distances, affording magnificent views, many opportunities for Birdwatching and sampling the local wild flowers in the spring.
- An honesty bar is available for you at all times with freshly made lunch or a snack between 1-2 PM.
Are there any Birdwatching sites nearby?Birds such as Shrikes, Finches, Buntings and Warblers are frequent visitors to Cortijo Valverde and many make their territory here. Fuente de Piedra, El Torcal & El Chorro are also well worth visiting. By taking the nearby track route from our Country Hotel to El Torcal can be a magical experience with sightings of Hoopoes, Bee Eaters & Rollers to name but a few. Check out our page on local birds and Birdwatching.
Are there any local walks?We have choice of walks ranging from 2/3 km to 10/12/25 km mostly on tracks. There are beautiful walks at the Lakes, El Chorro and three great walks in El Torcal National Park, see our Local Places Link for more information. Check out our page on Walking in and around Cortijo Valverde.
I would like to book just Bed & Breakfast is that OK?It is your holiday so you choose, but you can be sure we will provide you with a substantial start to your day.
Are Weekend breaks or Long Weekends available?Northern Europe currently has 22 different airports with flights to Malaga on Friday mornings which will enable you to be sitting on our terrace enjoying lunch with many later flights getting you here in time for dinner. After a good night's rest, Saturday and Sunday are yours to enjoy, whether it be "chill out" or explore Andalucia. There are plenty of flights to get you back home on Monday, refreshed and ready to continue your busy life on Tuesday morning. Check out our Flight Page for flights from your nearest airport.
What time of year is best to visit Cortijo Valverde?We are an all year round location. Hot sunny weather can only be guaranteed from June to September, but with only 30 days of rain per year, your chances of good weather are excellent. Click on the link to check the next 7-days Weather Report from the Spanish Interior Ministry.
- January, the quietest months, cool at night but great time to just relax in our Bar/Lounge by the wood burner or take advantage of the quite period and see the normally busy tourist attractions.
- February, sunny days; good for wild spring flowers and walking.
- March, for birdwatching and especially good for visiting historical sites, all within 2 hours of us.
- April, Easter parades, wild flowers, walking & birdwatching.
- May, still cool enough to visit sites, go on walks or just chill out at our Farm.
- June, swimming becomes more attractive also watching our resident birds here at Cortijo Valverde.
- July, Hot and sunny - time to take it easy with lots of swimming, lazy leisurely lunches and siestas.
- August, again hot, but it is Spanish fiesta time, dancing in the streets with many local Ferias.
- September, starting to come of the sizzle and the kids are back at school.
- October, bird migration in full flow and cooler for walking.
- November, now we are cool and birdwatching, walking and site visiting are good.
- December, the build up to Christmas begins. Come and join the Spaniards as they try to empty the shops. They now have 2 presents to buy per person as they celebrate both Christmas and 3 Kings.